The proposed $4 toll increases for E-ZPass on NYC’s Hudson River crossings didn’t pass, but a smaller increase did. For the George Washington Bridge, the Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, and three Staten Island bridges: The Goethals, Bayonne and the Outerbridge Crossing, you’ll now be paying $1.50 more as of September 18, 2011:
- Tolls for cars with E-ZPass will increase $1.50 in September and 75 cents each December from 2012 to 2015.
- Drivers without E-ZPass will pay an additional $2 surcharge that will be rounded up to the nearest dollar to reduce the burden on toll-takers fumbling with quarters and encourage E-ZPass use.
- Trucks with E-ZPass will pay an additional $2 per axle in September and another $2 per axle each December from 2012 to 2015.
- Non E-ZPass trucks will have an additional $3 per axle cash penalty.
- PATH fares, currently $1.75, will increase 25 cents a year for four years.