USAA is reporting on a study recently conducted by a leading car manufacturer about ‘the critical role lighting plays in a car’s design. In exploring which colors people prefer and how our eyes and brains react to different hues, researchers referenced color’.
Getting to the point, what does the colour of your car say about your personality?
- White — Quiet and brilliant.
- Orange — Outgoing and brilliant.
- Red — Attention-seeker.
- Ice Blue — Cool and alert.
- Medium Blue — Dependable and loyal.
- Green — Refreshing and relaxed, or just laid back.
- Purple — Magical and complex.
The study didn’t research black, silver and gold, but the article’s author has her own conclusions:
- Black — you like to be under the radar, yet still want attention for your style.
- Silver — you are a well-balanced person who wants low stress.
- Gold — equates to a fashion statement.
So the next time you see a red car take your NYC parking space, you can just chalk it up to the driver’s attention-seeking behaviour.