Tired of walking to your car, getting it out of the NYC garage or parking spot on the street, having to find parking when you arrive at your destination, and probably overpaying? A new app, Valet Anywhere, promises to save you all the NYC parking hassles for $249 to $325 a month.
How it Works
- Sign up and pay your monthly fee
- Use the app to have your car delivered
- Use the app to have your car picked up and parked safely
- $6/hr for a one-off pick up and return. Maximum day rate is $42.
- $249 for low-frequency drivers, ie. 1 – 2 times a month
- $325 for higher-frequency drivers, ie. maximum of 10 uses
- $229 for 10 drop-offs in downtown Brooklyn, Park Slope, Williamsburg
The Ins & Outs
- Security — Cars are parking in indoor garages
- Insurance — Valet Anywhere has a $2m auto liability policy and a garage keep policy. Valets are insured by worker’s comp and disability insurance policies.
- Drivers — they are interviewed and trained.
How long does it take for a Valet to show up with your car, and how long to come back with your car?
Overall, Valet Anywhere gives great value if:
- You’re using your car in midtown Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn,
- The monthly fee is less than you’d pay at a garage,
- You get a lot of NYC parking tickets, and
- You’re comfortable giving your car to a stranger and having it parked in various NYC garages.