- Diplomats have 529 NYC street parking spots — all legal! Each UN mission has two designated NYC parking spaces and 1-2 parking spots for each consulate.
- NYC has issued has issued 219,902 parking violations to diplomatic vehicles including 18,008 alone to Egypt which owes $1.97 million, the most of any country!
- Most of the $16 million in parking debt was accumulated before a 2002 agreement between the city and the US State Department that was supposed to curb abuses!
- Senegal, Ivory Coast, Indonesia and Italy each owes approximately $24,000 for tickets received since 2002!
- In total, the city issued 42,449 NYC parking tickets since 2002, and $758,968 in fines remain outstanding!
The NYC Department of Transportation, which puts up the parking signs for diplomat parking, would not disclose their locations.