May 25, 2012
Yes, it’s true. The value of having your very own private NYC parking space in your own home has just been set at $1 million. According to The New York Post, ‘the private garage at 66 E. 11th St. costs six times more than the national-average price of a single-family home’ and ‘buying it would be the same as paying a $115 ticket for illegal parking every day — for 24 years’.
The average monthly NYC parking garage rate in Manhattan right now is about$450 (including tax), and that comes with a valet to take your car and bring it back to you. The advantage of parking right in your house, as most suburbanites know, is that it’s easy to carry packages right into the house. But if someone is paying $1 million just for a parking space, do we really think he is she is actually Read more…
March 14, 2012
We knew it was true, but hoped it wasn’t so.
NYC has the most expensive monthly parking rates* in the U.S.
Here are the top rankings (these are median rates):
- New York City: $533 (Downtown) – $541 (Midtown). Ranges from $800 – $300.
- Boston: $438. Ranges from $520 – $320.
- San Francisco: $375. Ranges from $550 – $200.
- Philadelphia: $304. Ranges from $464 – $175. Read more…
December 13, 2011
Your Garage Holiday Tipping. It’s all part of the NYC parking garage experience.
$25? $100? How much is right? Your car is probably your second most valuable asset after your house, so under-tipping could be a bad choice. To find out the trends for monthly parkers, we surveyed one dozen NYC garages on December 9, 2011 and asked our fellow parkers how they approach holiday topping for parking garages.
Turns out that garages anticipate you will tip based on where the garage is located and how you use your car.
SOME ADVICE FOR 2011
- Midtown East, Upper West Side, & Upper East Side: $25 – $100 per employee, with Managers getting the higher end of the range. In the more affluent areas like E80s near 5th Ave and Park Aves, $100 per employee is considered ‘average’.
- Busy Midtown Garage: $30 – $40 per employee is the average
As of December 9th, the NYC garages were just starting to receive tips so they couldn’t say if people were tipping more or less.
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER Read more…