Taking the NYC bus can be a great mode of transportation. It is relatively quick, simple, and affordable.
For your convenience, we have compiled some direct links to the MTA website to help your transportation experience be a pleasant one!
Click below to view the link:
METRO CARD FARES (Effective March 3, 2013)
- Base Single Ride Fare: $2.50
- Single Ticket Fare: $2.75 (Sold at vending machines only. Must be used within 2 hours, no transfers included)
- Monthly MetroCard/30-Day Unlimited: $112
- 7-Day Unlimited: $30.00
- 7-Day Express Bus Plus: $55.00
- Express Bus: $6.00
- Fee to Purchase New MetroCard $1, so save those used or expired NYC MetroCards and exchange them for a new one! Fee applies to each new MetroCard purchased at station booth, vending machine or commuter rail station.
- Pay Per Ride Bonus: An additional 5% is added to your MetroCard with the purchase or addition of $5 or more.
Those who qualify for a reduced fare can travel for half fare. Up to three children 44 inches tall and under ride for free on subways and local buses when accompanied by a fare paying adult. Infants (under two years of age) ride express buses free if the child sits on the lap of the accompanying adult. Using a Metro Card can lower the cost of your rides.
The previous fares were:
- One-Way Ride: $2.25
- Single Ride Ticket: $2.50
- Express Bus Ride: $5.50
Have a safe trip!