The three NYC Municipal Lots and various streets all accept the NYC Parking Card. You can buy pre-paid NYC Parking Card in denominations of $20, $50, $100 online at NYC Department of Transportation. Before you buy a parking card for the first time, you’ll need to register.
For street parking, NYC Parking Cards are accepted at:
NYC Municipal Lots: click here to see the list
On-street Muni-Meters (list is current as of 2011. NYC no longer provides this information):
- Kips Bay: 2nd Avenue from 30th to 33rd Street
- Midtown: 30th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue
- 27th to 59th Street from 2nd to 9th Avenue
- 72nd Street
- 14th Street: Union Square
- 8th Street: NYU area
- Orchard Street
- Canal Street West Broadway to Bowery
- Upper West Side: Broadway, Columbus
- Amsterdam Avenues from 72nd Street to 86th Street
- W 125th Street between Fifth and St. Nicholas Avenues
Legal parking durations vary from 1 hour to 12 hours. Parking meters do not have to be paid on Sundays.